- Think about how you live. This will help you determine what rooms you need and how much space you really use. Also consider if your family is still growing–you may want to plan for some extra space.
- Look at Location. How close are you to schools, work, church or other amenities that are important to you?
- Figure out Financing. Before you can build, you have to know how much you can comfortably spend and what you can qualify for with a lender
- Preview Homes. Look at exterior design, floor plans, interior amenities and space to learn what you like and don’t like. This will help you know which builders to interview.
- Interview Builders. Once you figure out which builders fit your style, meet with a few to see who you feel comfortable with. Home building done right is a collaborative process and you want to be comfortable with the person you’ll be working will for several months.
College Station Builders Help You Prepare For the Building Process
Gregg Custom Homes: The College Station Builders with the most insight and information.
If you’re looking into College Station builders for your new residential construction, you’re probably curious about what goes into a custom designed home. Many clients of Gregg Custom Homes are extremely passionate about collaborating and sharing their input with the professionals handling their project. Your input is a tremendous part of what makes for a successful custom build.
Your Lifestyle, Your Home
The most central question posed in the custom building process is: How do you live? This will give you insight into the functionality and style that should go into the design of your new home. If you have a family, or plan to grow your family in the future, consider how much space you’ll need.
As professional College Station builders, Gregg Custom Homes values input from our clients at different points throughout development. Making yourself available for clarification and follow-up on a regular basis is important; your involvement helps to shape your build and guarantee the home you’ve been dreaming of is the home we build.
Preview Homes for Ideas
A good way to jumpstart the creative process is to start looking at other houses. Previewing homes is an excellent way to clarify the visualization of your construction goals and get ideas for details that are important to the unique character of your living space. Exterior design, outdoor living areas, and floor plans are all fun to look at and to use to create your own plans. Figure out what you like and what you don’t so you can have an image in mind when you begin the planning phase in your design.
Find Your Ideal Location
Location can be just as important as the home itself; start scouting neighborhoods, and pay special attention to the surrounding areas – school, work, and other nearby amenities are going to play a big part in everyday life if you choose to build there. Budgeting will also be contingent on location, so assess your finances and get an idea of what range you might be in. Once you have made some progress on all these angles, time spent working with your builder will be even more fruitful, bringing you one step closer to living in your dream home.
At Gregg Custom Homes, we always say, “If we wouldn’t put it in our own homes we won’t put it in yours.” With that as one of our core values, you know your home will use raw materials, craftsmanship, and design elements that are unrivaled.
For a free estimate, call today 979-324-6009 and schedule an appointment with the College Station builders at Gregg Custom Homes. We look forward to working with you throughout the building process.